Life as a psychic can be rather bizarre, especially when you’re sixteen and living in the most haunted city in America, when everyone in your life was a stranger six months before, when secrets lurk around every corner and every now and then you have these….dreams. Dreams you don’t understand. Without time- or place-stamps. Dreams that terrify.
Dreams that come true.
Oh, yeah, and the wrong guy has a way of showing up at exact the right moment.
Here’s a peek at a few lessons Trinity learns along the way….1. Not all dreams end when you wake up.
2. The truth can be far more dangerous than a dare.
3. Being on the outside looking in is sometimes far better than being trapped on the inside.
4. Seeing things that aren’t there doesn’t always mean you’re crazy.
5. A smile can be the most dangerous disguise.
6. Nothing is random.
7. Sometimes when you close your eyes, you can see significantly better than when they’re open.
8. Silver is far more than a color.
9. Just because you don’t remember something doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.
10. Opening your eyes in the wrong guy’s arms isn’t always…wrong.
11. Morgues aren’t fun places.
12. The soul remembers.
13. Once open, some doors can never be closed.
14. Only a coward lets fear stand in their way.
15. A single kiss can change everything.
About the Midnight Dragonfly SeriesThe firstborn daughter, of the firstborn daughter, of the firstborn daughter, sixteen year old psychic Trinity Monsour has a connection to the Other Side. She knows secrets and truths she shouldn’t, feels emotions that do not belong to her, and see events that have yet to happen. They come to her as glimpses, shadowy, disjointed snapshots that flicker through her dreams. Some terrify: a girl screaming, a knife lifting, a body in the grass. But others--the dark, tortured eyes and the shattering kiss, the promise of forever--whisper to her soul.
They come without warning. They come without detail.
But they always mean the same thing: The clock is ticking, and only Trinity can stop it.
Find out how in Shattered Dreams, available from QuercusKids!
About Ellie JamesMost people who know Ellie think she’s your nice, ordinary wife and mom of two young kids. They see someone who does all that normal stuff, like grocery shopping, walking the dogs, going to baseball games, and somehow always forgetting to get the house cleaned and laundry done.
What they don't know is that more often than not, this LSU J-School alum is somewhere far, far away, in an extraordinary world, deeply embroiled in solving a riddle or puzzle or crime, testing the limits of possibility, exploring the unexplained, and holding her breath while two people fall in love.Regardless of which world Ellie’s in, she loves rain and wind and thunder and lightning; the first warm kiss of spring and the first cool whisper of fall; family, friends, and animals; dreams and happy endings; Lost and Fringe; Arcade Fire and Dave Matthews, and last but not least…warm gooey chocolate chip cookies.
You can follow Ellie on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Midnight-Dragonfly-Books-by-Ellie-James/154988421236309